Committed to Sustainability
we strive to support our employees and shape our community
As the leader in private aviation we are fully committed to reducing the environmental footprint of made by NetJets. Therefore, we have created a multi-tiered program to address sustainability on the ground, in the air, and relating to our employees—all with our environmental impact in mind.
A MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY WAY TO FLY
Our position in the private aviation market comes with the responsibility to drive awareness and action for important issues industrywide.
Sustainable Aviation Fuel
Sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 80% compared with conventional jet fuel. NetJets is purchasing enough SAF to account for all flights out of San Francisco, California, where the fuel supply is located, and our home base of Columbus, Ohio, in partnership with Signature Flight Support. This totals up to three million gallons of SAF—an unprecedented volume of sustainable fuel in the private aviation space. We will continue to explore additional SAF purchase opportunities in the U.S. and Europe.
Blue Skies Program
In 2015, we launched Blue Skies By NetJets® to allow Owners a way to seamlessly purchase the equivalent amount of carbon credits to ensure their flight activity is carbon neutral. Through this global program, we partner with ClimateCare® to directly support carbon projects that align to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Since 2012, NetJets Europe has been carbon neutral, going above and beyond European Union regulations. NetJets will offset its administrative and training flights in the U.S. beginning in 2021, amounting to 1,600 flights annually.
In coordination with the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals, we chose five specific areas as our blueprint for addressing global challenges. These companywide goals will focus our employees’ efforts in achieving a better and more sustainable future.
Our Sustainable Development Goals
End Hunger, Achieve Food Security, and Improved Nutrition*
Hunger and Poverty Eradication
At NetJets, we share a common goal to end hunger in our community and help individuals achieve food security and improved nutrition.
We aim to achieve our Zero Hunger goal through cultivating partnerships alongside community organizations. We support local organizations financially and through donated food and volunteer efforts.
- Participate in Family Mentor Foundation’s Buddy Box program to provide children nutritious, nonperishable food to take home to sustain them while away from school
- Host an annual holiday food drive that benefits the Mid-Ohio Foodbank in which employees donate food and NetJets gives a monetary donation
- Support Neighborhood Services, Inc. that provides nutritious food to the most poverty-stricken areas of Columbus through philanthropic giving and sponsoring employees in its Hunger Run event
Ensure Healthy Lives and Promote Well-Being for All at All Ages*
Good Health and Well-Being
Physical and mental health initiatives
Our employees are dedicated to championing and building upon the dynamic area of corporate wellness.
We strive to improve the physical and mental health of NetJets employees by offering Well-Being Week and Health Fair activities.
- A NetJets Fit Kit inspires employees to be the best version of themselves and perform at their maximum potential. For our employees who travel on a regular basis, we create a special Travel Package to help them take care of mental and physical health while on the road
- An annual Step Challenge encourages teams to achieve the highest number of steps during National Employee Wellness Month (June) with the top 3 teams being awarded a monetary donation to the community organization of their choice
- Employees receive affordable access to hundreds of gyms nationwide via a NetJets partnership with Gympass®
Ensure Inclusive and Equitable Quality Education and Promote Lifelong Learning Opportunities for All*
Building a solid foundation
We encourage and inspire a lifelong love of learning in local students.
We are partnering with educators to make the greatest impact. Our focus areas include empowering young women in STEM, fostering literacy, and supporting at-risk teens in our local community.
- Donate computers to LifeCare Alliance, an organization that provides vulnerable members of our community access to technology and to local school systems
- Pilot a Women in STEM Mentorship Program to give young women the opportunity to solve a sustainability problem with a NetJets mentor. The winning pair wins $2,000 to make their sustainability project a reality
- Partner with Gahanna Jefferson Education Foundation to develop aviation-focused kits to introduce students to the aviation field via STEM topics
- Partner with The Columbus Foundation to facilitate the NetJets Scholarship Program, awarding 10 student scholarships to help them further their education at top flight, aviation, and hospitality schools
Ensure Sustainable Consumption and Production Patterns*
Responsible Consumption and Production
Reducing Our Carbon Footprint
Our employees aspire to be more conscious of ways we can support a transition toward low-carbon and green environments.
At our headquarters, we make efforts to encourage our employees to be more conscious of ways they can consume more responsibly.
- Coordinate a campus cleanup event where employees volunteer to assist in cleaning up the buildings and grounds
- Implement a recycling program for our corporate campus
- Install water fountains with bottle filling functionality throughout our corporate campus to promote reusable water bottles among employees. Fountains not only provide a rapid fill of drinking water but also display the number of plastic water bottles saved from waste
Take Action to Combat Climate Change and Its Impacts*
Contributing to Global Climate Efforts
At NetJets, we are taking steps to reduce our carbon footprint.
Through building relationships in our community and efforts made on-site, our employees are making strides toward environmental responsibility.
- Exploring a relationship with the Columbus chapter of Nature Conservancy to participate in the Adopt an Acre® program. NetJets employees would be given the opportunity to “adopt” a piece of the Big Darby Headquarters and steward the land. Some of the activities include tree plantings, seed collection, and invasive species removal
- Hold an Earth Day Expo to celebrate our planet, bring attention to sustainability efforts, and recognize all the ways we can choose to live a more sustainable life
- Give monetary donations to the National Forest Foundation to plant trees across our national forests and increase our environmental well-being
At NetJets, we recognize the opportunities we have to contribute to a better and healthier world. We continue to develop upon our Sustainable Development Goals and encourage our employees to answer the call to action to transform our future.
In addition to our sustainability initiatives, we partner with a variety of organizations to support our community.Read more about our partnerships
Call today for a personal consultation with one of our private aviation experts.