- Private Jet Charter Comparison
Private Jet Charter Comparison
Discover the difference between private jet charter and NetJets
Private Jet Charter Considerations
Availability is heavily dependent on overall demand and during peak travel periods, aircraft and crew options can be scarce. This can lower safety thresholds as well as inflate prices. Also, in the event of a mechanical issue, recoveries can be lengthy and expensive, given the complication of having to locate a new aircraft.
With the average charter company operating a fleet of fewer than 10 aircraft, these small operators rely on a network of brokers and charter aggregators to bring their aircraft to market, creating even less transparency in terms of who operates the aircraft and to what standards. It becomes difficult for the customer in some cases to know who they are actually flying with and what they are getting for their money.
Flying NetJets Is a
Superior Travel Experience
NetJets offers consistent standards and reliable access for each and every flight. We are committed to offering the highest levels of safety and service. In fact, our safety investment is unparalleled. We invest over $80 million annually in crewmember training. (That’s more than some private aviation companies spend on pilots’ salaries alone.) Our Owners also have ensured access to our fleet—regardless of demand. And during an unforeseen maintenance issue, we offer guaranteed trip recovery. We truly offer an exceptional private travel experience. Learn more about our dedication to safety, service, and access.
Take a Moment to
The differences between NetJets and private jet charter providers are stark. As you consider your options, it may help if you ask yourself: What’s most important to me, my family, and my business?
Private Jet Charter
Private Jet Charter- Individuals/businesses that travel infrequently, can be flexible with flight itineraries and aircraft type, and prefer to pay as they go
NetJets- Individuals/businesses that need to fly on short notice or during peak demand periods, and for whom reliable and consistent service is imperative
Private Jet Charter- Standards and ratings vary greatly by provider
- Multiple providers may be involved in maintaining the aircraft
NetJets- Far exceeds FAA minimums
- Dedicated team of in-house safety and maintenance experts
- Industry-leading investment in safety
Private Jet Charter- Highly impacted by the industry’s pilot shortage
- Multiple providers may be involved in hiring and training pilots
NetJets- Most experienced pilots: Our pilots average 7 times the industry standard in flight hours
- Industry-leading, personalized training program that will result in the highest possible standard of crew performance
Availability and Experience
Private Jet Charter- Availability and selection of aircraft varies greatly and are often not guaranteed
- Aircraft tend to be older, with a wide variation in the level of technology and safety equipment
- Backup aircraft and crews not guaranteed in the event of a maintenance issue
NetJets- Guaranteed access to the largest, most diverse fleet of private jets in the world in as little as a few hours’ notice
- More than half of our aircraft are less than five years old
- Guaranteed trip recovery during maintenance
Private Jet Charter- May need to use different providers to arrange international charter flights
NetJets- With our global fleet, you can fly almost anywhere in the world
Jet Charter Costs
Private Jet Charter- Costs vary on a flight-by-flight basis predicated on available aircraft type and flight itinerary
- Additional costs include, but are not limited to, positioning fees, daily minimums, wait time, hangar and airport fees, pilot overnights, and catering
NetJets- Costs are predictable
- No hidden fees
- No repositioning/ferry fees
Call today for a personal consultation with one of our private aviation experts.